//Energy Management System
Certification by AXIA CERT
Certification demonstrates that the organization meets the requirements of ISO 50001 and implements an
energy management system. The certification ensures, the employees, the management, customers and
stakeholders, that the organization is saving energy.
Another benefit of certification is the emphasis placed on continuous improvement in the management of the
energy used. Additional cost savings can be created by implementing better practices.
In addition, the certification of an organization demonstrates the organization’s commitment to energy
conservation, and helps to ensure energy efficiency and compliance with international agreements to combat
climate change. It thus gains added VALUE, which is undoubtedly a great competitive advantage.
ISO 50001 is an international energy management standard that helps a company to identify its energy uses
and implement effective energy saving programs to reduce energy consumption and minimize its carbon
footprint, promoting sustainable energy use.
The ISO 50001 standard is addressed to all companies that aim to reduce their energy consumption, improve
their energy efficiency and reduce their environmental footprint, regardless of their size or sector of activity.
ISO 50001 certification can be applied to all types of companies, from manufacturing and production to
commercial enterprises, financial sector companies and health care providers. For example:
– Companies that provide Services
– Entertainment companies
The ISO 50001 Energy Management System provides the ability to identify, assess and manage an
organization’s energy issues in order to:
– the systematic management and optimal use of the energy resources
– the protection of the environment through the conservation of natural resources and the reduction of CO2
– the reduction of costs by saving resources and reducing environmental impact through the conservation of
natural resources and the reduction of greenhouse gas emissions
– compliance with relevant legislative requirements
– continuously improving the energy performance of the organization
– improving the image of the organization towards the public and third parties
– improving communication with public authorities.
In this context, ISO 50001 is a strategic tool in order to achieve the aforementioned. The basic structure of
ISO 50001 is similar to other management system standards and makes it easy to integrate it into existing
management systems, ISO 9001 or ISO 14001.