Use of Signs & Logos
1. Use of Trademarks and Logos
The Certification Body requires through the written contract signed with its certified customers:
- Comply with the requirements of AXIA CERT when referring to their certification status in media such as internet, brochures and other promotional material or other documents;
- Not to make or allow others to make misleading statements about their certification;
- Not to use or permit the use of certification documents or parts thereof in a misleading manner;
- Discontinue the use of promotional material that includes a reference to certification in case of suspension or withdrawal of certification;
- Modify all promotional material, when the scope of certification is limited;
- Not allow references to the certification of their management system to be used in such a way as to imply that the certification body certifies a product or service or process;
- Do not imply that their certification also applies to activities and locations outside the scope of certification; and
- Not to use their certification in a way that discredits AXIA CERT and/or the certification process and leads to a loss of public confidence in it.
The certified customer must declare to AXIA CERT whether he intends to use the logo or the combined logo. The AXIA CERT Certification Body sends electronically the format of the logos that the certified customer may use. Then the certified customer must send to the Certification Body AXIA CERT templates from all forms (including physical and electronic promotional forms and promotional material) on which it intends to use the logo and in addition to inform AXIA CERT about its possible use in electronic form or on the internet, or in the media. The logo must be combined with the standardization document for which it has been certified. The logo should be combined with the standardization document for which it has been certified (e.g.ISO 9001:2015).
AXIA CERT, after checking the correctness of the use, approves the use and informs the customer via e-mail.
Only after approval the certified customer has the right to use the AXIA CERT logo or the combined logo.
The Combined Logo is used exclusively in the form sent to the certified company without any alteration (color, shape or other form), including the cutting of one of the two marks for autonomous use. The size for use on an A4 page is up to 20X30mm, while for use on smaller forms it is reduced proportionally. It is preferable to use the logo or the combined logo in corners of the form.
The certified customer is prohibited from affixing the logo or the combined logo on the products, product packaging, business cards of his staff, as well as from declaring in any way or implying approval or licensing of these products, services and processes or their compliance with specific specifications, standards, other standardization documents, etc. The same applies to documents issued by a certified service customer such as reports of laboratory tests, calibrations or controls, certificates of persons, etc.
Product packaging is considered to be one that can be removed without dissolving or damaging the product. Accompanying information shall be considered as separately available or easily detachable. Type labels or identification plates are considered as part of the product. The declaration in no way implies that the product, process or service has been certified in this way. The declaration shall include a reference to:
- Identification (e.g. The brand or name) of the certified customer;
- The type of management system (e.g. Quality, environment) and the applicable standard;
- The certification body issuing the certificate.
Any deviation from the above identified signals the immediate taking of measures by the Certification Body AXIA CERT, which immediately sends a relevant information letter to the certified customer, suggesting him to take the appropriate corrective actions in a short period of time.
Failure to comply within the time period indicated may cause suspension or revocation of certification with the appropriate publication or notification of the Accreditation Body and other competent authorities or even the adoption of legal measures.
2. Control of the Use of Trademarks and Logos
At each inspection of the AXIA CERT Certification Body at the customer’s premises, inspectors must request the display of all advertising and promotional material, accompanying product manuals, packaging materials, marking labels, markings of transport vehicles, stationery used, certificates issued, in order to verify the proper use of logos. The relevant findings (Conformities or Non-Conformities) are recorded in the Inspection Report by the Chief Inspector of the AXIA CERT Certification Body.
The person in charge of the AXIA CERT Certification Body visits the websites of his customers to verify the proper use of the logos. It also regularly checks entries in sectoral or other commercial and technical publications, promotional actions in sectoral exhibitions, where certified customers may participate and the commercial points of distribution of their products.
For more information or clarifications about the procedure, please contact us.